2. Moodymann - J.A.N. [Carhartt WIP x Mahogani]
3. Christian Loffler - Lid [Ki Records]
4. Blooms - Dead Light [Village Green]
5. Timmy Thomas - Why Can’t We Live Together [Glades]
6. Nonkeen - Glow [R&S Records]
7. Szun Waves - At Sacred Walls [Buffalo Temple]
8. Oliver Coates - Innocent Love [Prah Records]
9. Mario Batkovic - Quatere - [Invada]
10. Chance The Rapper - All Night (feat.Knox Fortune]
11. Gold Panda - Your Good Times Are Just The Beginning [City Slang]
12. Nico Muhly & Valgeir Sigurðsson - Scent Opera [Bedroom Community]
In 2011 Sofia Ilyas joined Erased Tapes and was instrumental force in raising the labels profile, as well as gaining widespread press coverage for all Erased Tapes artists.
In 2015 Sofia launched her own PR/Consultancy agency Float PR, which quickly gained attention for her work with clients such as Dishoom the restaurant with their vinyl compilation ‘Slip-Disc’ and a Moodymann 7” with clothing brand Carhartt.
Float PR has also worked on events including the Junun exhibition for Radiohead artist Jonny Greenwood and consultancy work with clients such as headphone brand Nura who have invented a new technology in music listening.
This year will see Sofia launch ‘Float’ which will be the music, events and lifestyle arm of the organisation, all showcased on a new website. The first Float project will be a Piano Day event in London on March 29th. More details to be announced soon .
To offer further insight into his mix, track selection and overall atmosphere, Sofia wrote a few words that you can read down below.
Sofia’s ‘Into The Woods’ setup
When you work in music you get quick to sometimes forget all the talented musicians and wonderful music you work with.
This mix is a recap of all those artists and who I believe are pushing boundaries not only in recorded music but live also.
I’ve added a few additional stand-out tracks I’ve been listening to a lot this year. Chance The Rapper’s album for me is a great blend of hip hop and use of piano, and Timmy Thomas’s lyrics ‘Why Can’t We Live Together’ I think are very relevant to 2016. Some of you may notice the track was sampled for Drakes’ Hotline Bling, the most streamed artists of this year.
The selections are eclectic but what threads everything together is this space between electronic and instrumental music. For me, energy and mood are essential elements and throughout this mix I’ve enjoyed exploring a variety of genres and tempos.
1. Masayoshi Fujita & Guy Andrews – Needle Six [Houndstooth]
2. Moodymann – J.A.N. [Carhartt WIP x Mahogani]
3. Christian Loffler – Lid [Ki Records]
4. Blooms – Dead Light [Village Green]
5. Timmy Thomas – Why Can’t We Live Together [Glades]
6. Nonkeen – Glow [R&S Records]
7. Szun Waves – At Sacred Walls [Buffalo Temple]
8. Oliver Coates – Innocent Love [Prah Records]
9. Mario Batkovic – Quatere – [Invada]
10. Chance The Rapper – All Night (feat.Knox Fortune]
11. Gold Panda – Your Good Times Are Just The Beginning [City Slang]
12. Nico Muhly & Valgeir Sigurðsson – Scent Opera [Bedroom Community]
Discover more about Sofia Ilyas on Inverted Audio.