Today, Japanese brand Technics unveil the SL-100C direct drive turntable, marking the cheapest model in the legendary SL series.
Available to purchase from July, the SL-100C features iconic characteristics of Technics turntables, “such as the iron-coreless direct drive motor and a high-precision S-shaped aluminium tonearm, it comes in at an even more affordable price point than its award-winning sibling, the SL-1500C.”
Lifted from the press release “to deliver a cost-effective solution without significant compromise, the new SL-100C comes with an on-board pickup cartridge – the Audio-Technica VM95C. The conical stylus of the VM95C ensures precise tracking and detail retrieval from the vinyl grooves, while the cartridge’s technical characteristics mean it is widely compatible with typical Phono MM (moving magnet) inputs found on hi-fi amplifiers.”
Priced at £799, the SL-100C will be available to buy in the UK from July 2021.
- Coreless direct drive motor, achieving stable rotation that is free from cogging and has powerful torque
- Highly sensitive yet robust S-shaped aluminium tonearm
- Two-layer platter with improved vibration-damping performance
- High-rigidity cabinet and high-damping insulator for thorough shut-out of vibrations, ensuring a smooth vinyl-tracking process
- Audio-Technica AT-VM95C pickup cartridge on-board for ease of setup
- Tonearm auto-lift for minimising needle wear-out