Curated by London-based producers Jay Duncan and Sam Purcell, ‘The Birds That Mimic Solitude Vol.1‘ is a grass-roots charity compilation that aims to unify the sounds of underground producers at a time of uncertainty.
Our pick arrives courtesy of Blank Mind label boss / compilation co-curator Sam Purcell. His leftfield track ‘Amber‘ is a disparate downtempo shuffler. Sparse bass, glitched out electronics and bird samples conglomerate to create a low-slung and hazy atmosphere, sounding similar to the output of Farben (Jan Jelinek) and Kristuit Salu (Jimmy Edgar).
1. Bianca Scout – Monks Orchard
2. Dance – Amber
3. Andrea Ottomani – Le Pietre
4. JAY – Predictive Message Theory
5. Jack Chrysalis – Life Code
6. Angel D’lite – Transcendental Wish
7. Toby Tobias -Redo 100
8. Soreab – No One