Our pick is by Brussels-based producer Le Motel. Having worked with some of the country’s biggest hip-hop artists, composed film scores and made field recordings in many different parts of the globe, the producer has had a broad range of musical experiences. He’s also gained a lot of attention for his solo club-oriented productions.
On ‘Cuíca’, Le Motel makes use of the unique Brazilian instrument of the same name which lends the track those distinctive squeaking sounds. Combined with a bass-heavy percussive structure, the result is truly infectious.
‘CxC Vol. 2’ is out now via Couvre x Chefs. Order a copy from Bandcamp.
1. Rosa Pistola x Hoz x Scarlett – Loco
2. Sébastien Forrester – Wove
3. Bianca Oblivion – Respire
4. Tévéa – Synth Tool
5. BJF – Tu Tu Tu
6. Le Motel – Cuica
7. Næja – I’m Into NFT (Nice Feet and Toes)
8. Scarlett x O.L.I.V.I.A – Ni la Sangre