When it comes to the status quo of electronic music trends, Isabella tends to veer far-off from it; closer towards what awaits within the multi-dimensional expanse.
The Boston-based producer has been on the rise in the last couple of years, with releases on labels such as Jacktone and Peder Mannerfelt Produktion, along with an appearance on Mumdance’s stellar Shared Meanings compilation late into 2018 — she’s a standout live performer armed with a show that’s equal parts breezy, brusque, cheeky and churning.
Similar to her live sets, Isabella provides an energy that’s just as unique with her DJ sets, and that’s what she delivers in spades with her guest mix for Newtype Rhythms. Delving into the abstract and experimental [pitch shifter in tow], she plays with the conventions of tempo by adventurously segueing between Conrad Schnitzler, Prince Jammy, Robotiks and much more in surprising fashion.
Her mix starts at around 45 minutes in, with resident Sheepshead jumping between bass-soaked variants to start things off. Be sure to keep Isabella on your radar, as she’s set for a big 2019 with an LP for iDEAL and an EP for LI$ in the coming months.
00:00 – 45:24 – mixed by Sheepshead
01. Biosphere – Two Ocean Plateau
02. Throwing Snow – Minotaurs
03. Horror Inc. – Siamese Twins
04. Julio Bashmore – Ask Yourself (Midland Remix)
05. FJAAK – Version 184.108.40.206
06. Pangaea – You Know What’s Up
07. DJ JM – Swatch
08. Uncle Bakongo – Amhara
09. Cadans – No Connection [Broken Mix]
10. Blawan – Bohla
11. Deapmash – Abstract Straight Lethal
12. Jam City – The Courts
45:45 – END – mixed by Isabella
01. Asja Auf Capri – Contre Temps
02. Ted Milton – Love Is Like Violence
03. Conrad Schnitzler – Con-Struct 5
04. Robotiks – Echoes Of Deaf Journalists
05. Scientist – Step It Up
06. Diseno Corbusier – Meta Metalic
07. Futuristic Dub Foundation – Crucified
08. Radioactive Goldfish – LSD Is The Bomb
09. Chris and Cosey – Re-Education Through Labour
10. Out On Blue Six – Party Mood
11. Prince Jammy – War In The Asteroid Belt
Discover more about Isabella on Inverted Audio.