The 11th episode of our residency on Prague’s Radio Punctum saw host Freddie Hudson inviting SHAPE Platform member and live performance artist Evil Medvěd for a guest mix.
Typically found performing live behind a case of modular, Evil Medvěd was first introduced to us at Lunchmeat Festival 2020, with a performance that was both outlandish and powerful, shifting between a state of liquidity and solidity with each flip of the heart.
The following year, he was selected for SHAPE Platform‘s ongoing project supporting the most adventurous and forward thinking electronic artists in Europe, and he now runs a show on Internet Public Radio showcasing artists and music adjacent to, or sympathetic towards, his own sound.
With few words spoken, his radio mix for Inverted Audio on Punctum left the talking to the music, with tracks from Abadir, Venus ex Machina, vcu1a, Talpah and Capiuz thoroughly scrambled in their identity through looping, warping, and more.
Either side of the 30-something minute guest mix, Freddie plays recent favourites from Hoavi, Serwed and Matthis Ruffing, and then a short mix including fire from Bristol all star team fronted by Manonmars and Bogues (of Jabu), Soreab & MC Logan on Accidental Meetings, GiGi FM’s latest 12-inch on Bambé, and closing out with forthcoming Julmud on Palestinian sound and art imprint Bilna’es.
Inverted Audio returns to Radio Punctum on 22 March.
1. Hoavi – Ne Opomnitsja [Quiet Times Tapes]
2. Serwed – Serpent [ANWO]
3. Mathis Ruffing – FMeral [INDEX:Records]
EVIL MEDVĚD – DJ SET
1. Manonmars & Bogues x Ishan Sound & Neek – Burning Paper [DNO Records]
2. Soreab – Done Everything [Accidental Meetings]
3. Gigi FM – Senstronaut (MYO) [Forthcoming Bambé]
4. exael – gaytek radio edit [3XL]
5. Max Cooper – Exotic Contents [Forthcoming Mesh]
6. Julmud – Falnukmel فلنكمل [Forthcoming Bilna’es]