If you have ever wanted to DJ at Farr Festival now is your chance. Last week they launched their DJ mix competition, giving one lucky entrant the chance to play at set and a pair of tickets to Farr Festival 2017.
The woodland based festival takes place at the height of the British summer (13-15th July 2017). Stage hosts include The Hydra, Red Light Radio + Music From Memory, Mister Saturday Night, Brilliant Corners and more. The lineup itself will be revealed next year.
To enter the DJ mix competition, dig deep and pull out those hidden gems, they’re looking for someone who has invested the time and effort to explore the finer recesses of music new and old. Track selection is key. They are not looking for someone to reel off the latest hits from Beatport. Selectors need only apply.
HOW TO ENTER
Record a 60 minute mix (vinyl, CD or digital) and upload it to Mixcloud. Musically anything goes as long as it fits Farr Festival’s musical ethos. Those who dig a bit deeper and show some individuality always shine through.
- Deadline for entries 1st April 2017.
- Use the cover art provided here.
- Name the mix “Farr Festival 2017 DJ Mix: YOUR DJ NAME“
- Tag your mix “Farr Festival 2017 DJ Mix”. If you fail to tag the mix correctly, your entry may be missed.
- Follow Farr Festival on Mixcloud.
- Add the full track listing in the typical Mixcloud format: Track Number – Artist – Track Title
- Send us a link to your mix at email@example.com with the subject “Farr Festival 2017 DJ Mix“.
- Attach a photo of your DJ set-up where you recorded the set.
- Write a paragraph explaining your mix, track selection, atmosphere created and anything else you would would like to include.
The winner will win a DJ set at the festival plus a pair of weekend tickets to Farr Festival 2017.
The runner up will win a pair of weekend tickets to Farr Festival 2017.
For inspiration check out the Into The Woods podcast series curated by Inverted Audio for Farr Festival.